Sunday, May 07, 2006

may 7

Just a note to friends and family...A beautiful day here in Hof, Germany with the prospect of the rest of the week being friendly up at least till Sunday.. Took a long walk with members of a church group after a morning concert. I am getting ready for a Kurt Weill concert on Friday the 12, at the Galerie in Hof and then the following week to Prague for a language course over the weekend. I had any interesting conversation with a native Slovakian now living in the area, married with two children who are bi-lingual. Slovak is similar to Czech with certain sounds missing but I could understand most of what he said. I need to cultivate more Czech friendships in the area to keep up my abilities in the language. I will be in Prague from 24th on for rehearsals of Philip Glass's "In the Penal Colony" to be performed at the Archa theater. We premiered this in December and this will be the third performance. Agon Orchestra hopes to take this on the road throughout Europe as it involves a small ensemble both singers and orchestra. Less costs.

No comments: