Sunday, May 10, 2020

Blog May 10

From what I have been reading about the arctic weather hitting the northeast, a look at the weather prognosis for northern Bavaria, Franconia is cold nights for the next 4 days of freezing temperatures. Sometimes there is a mirror weather effect here paralleling the northeast of the States. Today at the bakery for fresh buns and croissants, I had to wait in line with distancing in order to enter the bakery. The only problem with paying for something using the smart phone is my facial recognition IPhone doesn’t work with a mask on and so I have to tip the password in sometimes not getting it right with people as well as sales person waiting for me to get it right. I sometimes wear rubber gloves which makes it even more difficult but hey, that is so unimportant these days, why bother complaining. They are starting to relax some of the controls here and this week I will start to teach at the music schools in the two cities where I have students. I have sent all the parents and students the rules for lessons and several have asked to continue online lessons for the time being.  This month I will miss my intensive Czech lessons in Prague for the first time in many years. Every quarter we meet with our teacher in Prague at  a language school near the Prague Castle trying to get back our foggy memories of the language having been busy with many other things during the off months. One of our fellow students works near the Czech border in Linz, Austria and actually has to use the language in business. She can converse much better than I.  I do practice daily and slowly attempt to gain a foothold in Russian as my garden partner comes from Moscow. 

No comments: