Sunday, November 12, 2006

opera in the heights



















I have just sung the first of 3 performances of the role of Belmonte in Mozart´s "Abduction from the Seraglio" on Friday at Opera in Heights in Houston, Texas. It was a stretch for me as I have not sung such a lyrical Mozart role since around 1970 so I had to keep it concentrated and not full blown like I normally would sing. Here is a picture of me shortly before making my first entrance

There was a cover soprano named Veronica Olvera with whom I sang most of my rehearsals and she sang the final dress rehearsal with me. A great talent and I wish her the best of success in the future.



Well I finally made it on to NPR in Houston on the local public radio. This was at the studio KUHF shortly before we went on air. For the family, I will send you a cd of the show and anyone else who wants a copy.

No comments: