Friday, September 08, 2006

Lots of things have been happening here in Hof and for me several more important things in the
States. Two events with my children, respectively sons have occurred. The one was the arrival of a new baby girl on 19 August mentioned mentioned in a previous blog and the other was the arrival yesterday of a new boy. see link.




















Kevin working next to his van. Kevin and Veronica


On the Hof front I finally got off my stumps and have begun to do a bit of necessary remodeling for lack of a better word with my apartment. I was touring with my bicycle with friends in a lovely area near Selb, Germany and we stopped a local pub in a small village named "Kaiserhammer". I took a picture with my cell so the quality is not good but it is quite charming and has self made beer which is exactly what one needs on a long ride. While there the owner brought us beer and said," here is your beer" in English which surprised me. I questioned him and he said that of course he learned it in the school but had been using it lately as an Englishman is camped in the area with his mobilvan. I inquired further and was introduced to Kevin a free living spirit and his lovely girlfriend Veronica who is Italian. "mama mia"! He travels around Europe with his van stopping long enough to do a bit of work (he is an excellent carpenter being able to build a house from the ground up). We made plans to meet up during the week in order for him to do some carpentry that I have been putting off in the kitchen.


Later that evening we all went to my garden to enjoy a bit of grilling with vegetables and salad.

No comments: