Sunday, April 16, 2006

the second blog

I see that my first blog had the wrong date but no matter it is started. One of the first things I was able to enjoy after being back in good old Deutschland was some German bread and that says something. I have the feeling in the States that I when I eat bread, I am satisfying my hunger pure and simple, but here I have the feeling when I have a slice of dark chewy bread, I am having a meal..The weather is nothing like it was in the States, Florida, including New Jersey which was sunny and mild. I have only seen the sun yesterday in the morning up in Bielefeld and then it began to rain. Today has been overcast with a few light showers otherwise not too cold. I came, I thought a bit late to church, but there was a breakfast before the service and starting time had been moved up from 9:30 to Ten. The elderly lady who takes care of my flowers and picks up my mail told me about a radiator in my bathroom that goes on mysteriously without being turned on... That means my landlord will demand more rent to cover the heating costs..getting him to fix it will be a major project as he is almost impossible to get a hold of.

Talking with my mother, I learned that her friend Adele passed away who was also 91. She was a lively person and even still drove car. She had had an active day last week and came home and went to bed never waking up. A wonderful end for a great person..that reminds me of advice on not smoking and that is if you don´t smoke and live healthily, you will probably live longer and die faster.

No comments: